Tom Mc Nicholas Builders Limited cares about our people and the communities we operate in.
As responsible employers, we take both our statutory duties and moral responsibilities extremely seriously.
We are committed to injury prevention and the continued improvement of occupational health and safety management, in an environment that is characterised by openness, honesty, integrity and teamwork. During your project, a health and safety management system will be implemented that complies with all current and local health and safety legislation and the health and safety authority guidelines. This ensures that risks to employees and others are either eliminated or reduced to a minimum and a safe working environment is created.
- Appointment of a health and safety officer that directly reports to the director.
- Provision of necessary resources to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all employees and all associated
with works operations.
- Provision of health and safety induction, information, instruction, training and supervision to all employees and
subcontractors to ensure that they properly discharge their responsibilities and duties.
- Eliminate risk by removing the hazard where possible or installing effective controls.
- Establish an effective health and safety organisational structure, with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Consultation with employees on matters affecting their health, safety and welfare.
- Encourage personnel to take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others by empowering and
encouraging them to intervene wherever they encounter unsafe acts or unsafe conditions.
- Ensure a robust audit programme and reporting process is adhered to and reviewed regularly.
- Effectively communicate health and safety performance.
- Continually improve health and safety performance and systems.